Monday 12 March 2012

The place that I wanted to go




If I can travel anywhere in the universe I would go to "Jupiter". I want to go there because it is the most biggest planet in the solar system. It is peaceful. It is a gas giant with mass one-thousandth that of the sun but is two and a half times the mass of all other planets in our solar system combined. It is the fourth brightest object in the night sky. Jupiter has a planetary ring composed of three main segments an inner torus of particles known us the halo, a relatively bright main ring, and an outer gossamer ring. The main ring is made of material ejected from the satellites Adrastea and Metis. Material that would normally fall back to the moon is pulled in to Jupiter because of it strong gravitational influence. The orbits of material veers toward Jupiter and new material is added by additional impacts. I think Jupiter is the best planet in the solar system.

1 comment: